Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Winter Album



A view from behind the house. This is the path I take with the children in the mornings to Kindergarten.
There was no pond here until about a month ago, when the small forest that was previously here was disposed of by the 'Kommune,' revealing a small pond. The tracks that you can see here are from the stroller.




 
-The next series of pictures were taken yesterday morning (Saturday, December 10) at approx 9 am.
I was running my little 4.5 km route, and decided to bring along my cell phone to capture
the first snowfall of the season!



 
My trusty Asics, and a very slick sidewalk.





My usual route.

Walking alone here, at night, in the fog..gives me the heeby-jeebies. I usually sprint through here
and hold my breath nothing is lurking in the shadows.








  -Copenhagen-

I went on a small Christmas holiday to meet my cousin and her husband last week.
Copenhagen is very festive this time of the year and the city is beautifully lit up at night!
This picture was taken very close to the central train station and at the beginning of 'Strøget,' the main walking street with some of the best shops in the city.




Hans Christian Andersen guarding Tivoli.

One of the main canals running through the city. This picture captures quintessential Copenhagen.



Inside Tivoli, one of the many Christmas stalls.

Gløgg.
It warms you from the inside out.
The main street in Tivoli- beautifully decorated.








1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had such a nice time with Maeghan and Ian ... such an adventure :) ... and again, you have made such a nice blog entry with your lovely pics & witty & observant commentary

    Miss you honeypie

    Dad xxx/ooo

    ReplyDelete