Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Quiet Sunday Evening...


My new view from my bedroom window, after all of the trees were removed last month.

It is as the title suggests, a quiet Sunday evening as I sit at my laptop and type up a new little post to share with you.
Just to state the obvious, I have changed my blogs look yet again, and I hope it is slightly easier on the eyes than before.

 I spent the day as a spectator at a 10 km run in Aarhus, cheering on all of the brave souls out in the bitter cold, running at 'marathon speed.' This kind of event provides great inspiration, and keeps my hopes alive that- with any luck, I will be able to join them soon.

After that I went with my Danish family to see an old wheat mill that has been converted into a Christmas market and restaurant. I knew absolutely nothing about the process of milling wheat, and so I was rather surprised to see that the mill is situated on a river, so that the wheel can be powered by water.
The market was adorable and there was an abundance of homemade jam, candy, Christmas decorations, honey, and flour from the mill. Bing Crosby serenaded everybody throughout our tour of the mill (via the sound system, not a posthumous performance) and it was an all together delightful afternoon.

This post is not going to be especially profound, or particularly long, but I simply wanted to wish everybody a pleasant Sunday, and a happy third Sunday in Advent.
I also want to remind you that I have two new posts from the past couple of days, so do not stop after this one- chances are, you have some catching up to do! Check back later in the week for more updates.

Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting little sightseeing excursion ... an old fashioned flour mill ... wow, that is really interesting. Hope you took a pic or two to preserve the moment !

    Dad xxx/ooo

    ReplyDelete