Pages

Saturday, January 07, 2012

A Story and a Scheme

I have neglected this blog for the past week and for that I am sorry.

It has been an unusually quiet week for me. I have been going through my daily routines without anything all that remarkable to report back to you on. I kept thinking, 'it is time for a new post, buuuttt I have nothing interesting to tell them, or any new pictures to show them!'

So I will just write. And we shall see what becomes of this.

Roots Moonstruck - White
This picture does not quite do my new
 watch justice, it is not at all 'sporty'
looking, but is actually quite sleek
and chic.
I managed to make a sojourn into the the centre of Aarhus yesterday to see about finding a jeweller to fix the beautiful new watch I received from my family for Christmas.
I did have a 10 dollar watch that I have been wearing every day since I got here, but to tell you the truth, it was starting to look very worn and I was also getting an allergic reaction on my wrist from all of the cheap nickel.
I have been tolerating the itchiness and the eye sore because I do rely on it to get me places on time- until two days ago when it inexplicably fell off my wrist. On closer analysis, I discovered that one of the pins that attached the strap to the face had fallen out, never to be found and not to be missed.

So thank goodness for my new, beautiful watch from Roots that I will have, fixed, and ready to be worn today!

I have been casting around whether or not to tell you about my stretched earlobe. That sounds disgusting, but when babies pull on your earrings enough, inevitably, it will start to become more or a slit then a hole- so suffice to say, this is one more item on my 'to do' list.
Thank goodness it is only one of my ears, but my plan of action is that I am not going to wear any earrings in that hole and hopefully it will close up and I can get eventually get it re-pierced. In the meantime, today probably, I will go and get a piercing directly behind the slit, and then wear a smaller version of whatever I have in the other ear!
Why, you ask?
Well, quite simply because I have worn earrings every day since I was 12 years old, and I feel quite naked without them, so the thought that I would have to not wear any for the next several months is more than I can bear. C'est tres triste, non?
**Note: I will not include a picture of this, as I hope to have some readers left by the end of this post.



Alright. Enough of that.
Now for the real news.


Edinburgh
It would appear that in the end of April- for approx. four weeks, I will be going on a backpacking trip through Europe with my older sister! And frankly I am pretty hopped up on this right now.

 But there is one slight hitch, and that is Í have yet to discuss this with my family- my Danish family that is.
But I am not concerned, I get 5 weeks off and I think it will be a go.

Paris by night- magnifique!
The plan is that she will fly into Hamburg and I will meet her there. We will probably stay the night and do some sightseeing and then hop on a train to Aarhus, where she will then get to meet my family, and see exactly what I have been up to these last 7 months!

A day or two later, we will then take a plane from Billund to Edinburgh and stay with family for a few days and explore Scotland!

Next on our agenda is England.
Croatia: known for having some of the
most beautiful beaches in Europe.


My sister has a friend living near London so we will spend a day or two with her, before we move onto London.

That is all we have planned so far, but as money (or lack thereof) is an important factor
for both of us, we hope to see Paris and then move onto slightly cheaper countries and cities to explore. We will most likely go to Eastern Europe and may spend a few days enjoying the beaches in Croatia.





Right now, it is not very cold in Aarhus- and this is the warmest winter in Denmark in 20 years!!!
I can't help but feel I jinxed them, and somehow brought some of our balmy, Vancouver winters with me. But in any case it is hovering around the six degrees mark and is not quite cold enough to  complain, but still damp and dismal enough to make it feel like a verrryyy long winter. So dreaming about vacations and beaches, like the one pictured above (Croatia) are what is keeping me going right now.

Check back in the next couple of days for another post!




1 comment:

  1. This trip sounds exciting, Shan ... please let us know more setails as you fine-tune your plans !

    ReplyDelete